Picasso said, "Art washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." Local Artists Paula Gill and Al Johnsen, who is also a founding member of our congregation, talked to us about the importance of art in their lives. A few key points:
* "Good art takes my breath away." (Paula)
* Art opens a door to some other place.
* Art expresses what it means to be human.
* It stimulates our imagination.
* It makes us culturally cohesive.
* Americans are not buying art today. Perhaps the reason is that we are being "dumbed down" by all our gadgets.
You can listen to both their talks plus the discussion that followed by clicking below. It begins with an introduction by Susan Dearth and the quote from Picasso.